The workshop is at the heart of a quality local bike shop, and we offer bike servicing and repair with qualified and experienced mechanics. There is no need to book in advance, just bring the bike in at your convenience. Some services can be completed while you wait, and the majority will be ready for you by the end of the following day.
Whether it’s repairing a puncture, adjusting your brakes or do problem diagnostics, customisation or firmware updates on your Di2system, we have a complete menu of repairs and maintenance services.
BASIC SERVICE – £50.00
Recommended for the occasional cyclist or for a pre-event tune up.
- The bike is checked over ensuring everything is adjusted and working correctly
- Brakes and gears are adjusted
- Bottom bracket, headset and wheel hub bearings are adjusted and lubricated
- Wheels straightened up in the bike in order to adjust the brakes
- The chain, gear components and cables are lubricated
- Tyres inflated to correct pressure
STANDARD SERVICE – £80.00
Great for the commuter and the more regular cyclist
- Same as the Basic service
- Plus remove the drive train, wash and degrease in our 40 degree parts washer then refit and re-lubricate
ELITE SERVICE – £150.00
The works, for the enthusiast or the high miler
- Complete strip down to bare frame
- Bike wash, including degreasing and cleaning the drive train
- Stripping and re-greasing wheel hubs, bottom bracket and headset
- Truing and re-tensioning wheels
Additional Charges may apply for fitting some parts outside of the normal servicing. There will be additional charges for fitting frame pivot bearings on all services. A 30% labour surcharge will be added for fitting parts not purchased from Stows Cycles.
Amongst the qualifications we hold is the Brompton Certified Workshop. We’re the only one in the area, and we’ve been servicing Bromptons for over 25 years
We also offer wheel building, headset fitting, and all the other services you would expect from a shop that custom builds bikes for our customer from the frame up.
E Bike servicing
With the increase and popularity of E-bikes becoming a large part of our business we now have Bosch, Brompton and Yamaha certified technicians who can run diagnostic tests and firmware updates along with all the specialist mechanics e-bikes require.